"This has been mostly a sheep day, and of course studies have been interrupted." John Muir

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Foodie Blogpost Envy

I subscribe to a few blogs about food. Most of them seem to be written by 20-somethings with considerable disposable income who live in major metropolises chock-full of exciting and delicious restaurants. These lucky devils eat daily in fabulous and trendy foodie havens where they snap gorgeous pictures of little tasties.

Mostly, I am thankful for their intrepid dining. I eat vicariously through them. The images they share with the rest of us are mouth-watering, their wit proves what delightful dinner companions they must be, and their taste is always exquisite. But a part of me is just green with envy.

However, I am resigned to continue mere reading while others eat and eat. In the meantime, I will microwave dinosaur-shaped chicken parts, I will order another happy meal, and I will occasionally go out for the lovely high-dollar meal with the mother of my children when the latter are at their grandparents.

Thanks, food bloggers! You feed us with your generous posts.

3 Comments:

Blogger pinknest said...

oh, but dinosaur-shaped chicken parts are good!

4:09 PM

 
Blogger Brett said...

You're just saying that because you know I'm talking about bloggers like you!

5:55 PM

 
Blogger pinknest said...

lol! no, believe me. i think i would find it fascinating if you blogged photos and adventures with said chicken parts or other similar meals.

12:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home